"Daddy, this way!" We started off September with a splash! Todd was off work for Labor Day so we headed to the Nicholasville pool for the day. Laurel had so much fun running around playing with her Daddy. We were glad we got one last pool day in before the summer ended.
| That is Sam, Laurel, Noelle, Kezek, Collin, and Grace from L to R |
Look at these cuties!! On the 4th our momma gang hit up Boyds Orchard. We went so early in the season that no one else was there and it was free! Of course we got some yummy donuts to eat and had fun watching the kiddos play on the playground and checking out the animals.
Then it was off to the BEACH! We drove on Friday to Ooltewah to stay a night with my folks on our way to Panama City Beach. We had a big delicious breakfast with my parents, James, Gretchen, and Harrison before leaving. We arrived about 4pm on Saturday, ate dinner at a delicious local seafood place then headed to the beach that night. Above is a picture of my first morning on the balcony of the condo. Todd and Laurel woke up, ate, and headed for the water. I relaxed with my cup of joe and watched them playing in the water.
Later we all went and set up our sun shade tarp and took turns burying each other... well, I only participated in the burying. Todd hates sand, so that shows you how much he loves his daughter that he allowed himself to be buried.
The next morning we woke up and headed to the beach again for a swim lesson and photo shoot. I just can't
get over how stinking adorable my little girl is, Todd and I could not stop
taking pictures of her in those precious pigtails and playing with her
beach toys. Laurel and Todd were too cute in the next lesson of the day... "How to eat Dippin' Dots with only your tongue." We then took a walk down the pier to hang out with the fisherman, she got one of the guys to buy her some fish food to throw into the water.
On Tuesday we drove north to St. Andrews State Park. We hiked, caught a frog, set up the hammock, then Todd and I took turns swimming with the goggles at the dike where we saw lot of fish and I saw an enormous sting ray. Todd also saw a flounder. There were dolphins all around jumping out of the water.
On Wednesday Todd caught a blue crab. The end. Oh yes... and that beautiful sunset!
Thursday we headed to Camp Helen State Park. We hiked again, where Laurel finally found a bug she liked... a dead one. She carried it with her for a good long while before letting him go. We wore ourselves out before going swimming so we loaded up and headed back. Todd and I stopped at Thomas Donut and Snack Shop... Oh my goodness holy fried food amazing. Laurel took a nap in the car while we enjoyed the beach breeze with fried shrimp and hamburger.
Since we did not get any swim time at Camp Helen, we went back the next day! We set up camp on this old pier. The surf there was much stronger but the seashells much more beautiful. Lake Powell is a coastal dune lake that Laurel was able to play in. We caught several hermit crabs while Todd caught a ghost crab. Our last day was definitely a success. That night Todd went to vacuum out the car and get dinner. I went to the balcony and dolphins were putting on a show for me, by the time I got Laurel they had moved on. For our last night there we bought 3 pounds of crab legs and chowed down! Yummm.
Saturday morning we had to pack up and be out by 10am. Todd took Laurel down to the ocean one last time while I packed everything up and headed to Ooltewah again to spend the night.
![]() |
| Laurel helping Pawpaw water his flowers. |
| ||
| Just one of the ridiculous sunsets from our backyard! |
The very next Friday after we got back from the beach, I jumped in the car and drove to Pittsburgh for Megan's baby shower. I have to admit, I was super anxious before I left. This would be the very first nights away from Laurel since she was born. But once I got to Megan and Sky's house I was fine. Sky's parents were also in town so it was fun to spend time with adults only. Megan's shower was so sweet and I am so excited for her to be a mom. They will be excellent parents!
Laurel and Todd went to Draft Day out at Asbury's Equine Center where there was bluegrass music, horse rides, and Jessamine County Cattlemens Association cooking! They didn't miss me much. When I pulled into the driveway Todd and Laurel came out and she was happy to see me but not elated like I thought she might be.

On the 23rd of the month, Laurel moved to her toddler bed. She was running out of room in the pack and play when we traveled to the beach so we thought it would be a good time to switch. She was a champ! She slept through the night with no problems. After a few nights though she started getting out of bed and kicking the door. We evenually decided that ignoring her was the best option. One night after one of these tantrums Todd and I went to check on her. I turned the door knob and pushed... the door only moved a few inches. We were so cracked up we were in tears from laughter. She had fallen asleep behind the door!
















No comments:
Post a Comment