Shabby Chic

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

August 2013



Is there a better way to start the month than with a visit from Auntie Maren?  I think not.  We headed over to Sims Drugstore first thing to consume a delicious shake, made to order at the counter!  We were able to spend a lot of time just hanging out cooking and then had a fire in the fire pit.



One day I got out all of my old clothes from when I was Laurel's age and put her in them.  She did not want to participate, but I got a few good photos before calling it quits.  

She has been into everything, much to my amusement.  One morning she was very quiet and I found her in my bathroom...  If that is not her "uh oh" face I don't know what is!


Here she is playing with my tablet, she eventually got tired of me snapping photos and tried to put the lens cap back on!  Later that day I came into our bedroom to find her in Daddy's shoes.






Todd and I went to Brandon and Mallory Austin's wedding.  The next night after I was delighted to hang out with all the women from my old life group.  Later that week the play date group went for a swim...  Laurel pretty much just put her swimsuit on to look pretty but did not want to get in the water.  I started baby sit swapping with a friend who was willing to fulfill my desperate need for some free time.  Noelle, who is just a month younger than Laurel is now one of Laurel's sweet friends.


 Zoo day!  Todd took a random Thursday off work and we headed over to the Louisville Zoo for the day.  We got there at 10:30am and stayed until 4pm...  Laurel conked out as soon as we got her in her car seat but went full force until then.  She helped me feed the giraffes, we saw lots of insects and birds, elephants, gorillas, and of course Laurels favorite...  the goats.  There were several large pythons, to which I explained to Laurel, "That snake would eat you!" It was at this point I realized, she understands just about EVERYTHING I say because she was freaked out by every other snake we looked at that day.  We have got to be careful what we say in front of our children, they know more than we give them credit for.  After we saw all the animals, we put on our swimsuits and played in the small water park.  Next zoo trip we are going to take is Cincinnati!!







Above is a sweet picture of a sick daughter and her loving daddy.  I watched Kezek one day, Laurel's little boyfriend, they of course had a blast.  





No comments: