We had our annual 4th of July party. As you can see from the picture above, the weather was not the best for the occasion, but we made the best of it and still had an amazing day! Lots of children this year who scared away the majority of unchildrened adults. Oh well :) Laurel enjoyed the fireworks and stayed up way too late, but it was worth it.
The morning after I loaded up the car and headed down to Tennessee to spend time with my brother before he moved to Asheville for his new job. My mom invited the whole family over for a meal on Saturday and I got to see James every day on that trip. I love my brother!
We finally made it up to the Bluegrass Sportsmans League to have a camping trip one Saturday evening. After meeting our camp neighbors and setting up camp, we took turns swinging in my birthday gift, the hammock. Laurel even took a nap for us. When she woke, we started a fire and Laurel had a marshmallow. She went back to sleep while Todd and I stayed up and made s'mores. Yum! I did not sleep well, but Laurel and Todd slept like rocks.
The next morning we woke up and ate some graham crackers and oatmeal for breakfast. I had a few very peaceful moments by the fire while Todd and Laurel went for a walk. We slowly packed up and headed home. Not five minutes after we left, Laurel had fallen asleep.
Cuddle time with friends after swimming,.
Laurel got sick at the end of the month, but by the next day she was feeling much better. Ale 8 makes everything better.










No comments:
Post a Comment