| Jan 2, 2012 |
With Kay's help, I finally felt like I had a handle on breastfeeding. The next two weeks Laurel and I fell into a very relaxing schedule. I had to wake her up once a night to feed and she would go right back to sleep. We had borrowed a bassinet and I was so thankful for the convenience of having Laurel right beside me. After several weeks of having a full house, Laurel and I got to really rest and get to know each other. Those sweet weeks I will remember as a blessing. I took advantage of the free time and took some great photos of Laurel. The day consisted of a lot of milk and patience.
![]() |
| Jan 3,2012 |
On January 3rd, a day after the Banuses left, I took Laurel back for a weight check up, she was finally up to 7lbs 4oz! After two and a half weeks, she was above birth weight! I could not have been more happy. Just two days later, Laurel needed to have an ultrasound done on her sacral dimple to make sure her spine was normal. Laurel slept through the entire thing like an angel. Then on Jan 10th went in for a weight check and sweetie had really mastered eating and was up to 7 lbs 14.5oz! Don't make fun of the .5 ounce... I worked hard for that. By about week three Laurel was smiling and we actually got her to roll over from her belly to back! Don't believe me?? We have video!
We were all able to go for a hike on January 7th. We went just down Hwy 27 to Jim Beam Preserve. I realized very quickly that babies do not need as much warm clothing as we think they do. About half a mile into the walk Laurel and I were a sweaty mess. And we were able to get a half decent picture of the three of us!
![]() |
| Jim Beam Perserve 1.7.12 |
![]() |
| James and Sierra 1.11.12 |
![]() |
| 1.13.12 |
![]() |
| 1/14/12 |
A week later we were able to celebrate our friend Elia's first birthday with her! Auntie Maren got to visit that weekend too. Maren and her good friend, Allison, were Laurel's first babysitters. Todd and I went to see The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, and I was sooo ready to get back to see her. I was surprised that I missed her after only 3 hours.
![]() |
| Lizard belly!! 1.15.12 |
![]() |
| Side profile of lizard belly |
![]() |
| Maren and Bug 1.15.12 |
My parents came for visit number two for about four days the next week.
| 1.17.12 |
![]() |
| First blow out... 1.17.12 |
I went in for my checkup with the OB on Jan 26th and the office got to meet our sweetheart.
![]() |
| Sweet child of mine! 1.21.12 |
| Aunt B and Little Bit 1.28.12 |
Aunt B (Brooklyn) got to come for a visit the last Saturday in January, and we were able to just enjoy each others company. I think they both feel in love with one another! As you can see, she was initiating smiles, to everyone's delight.




















No comments:
Post a Comment